Provo Golf Club
TOLL FREE - 877-208-5012
Connect with us on
Extended Family Vacations
The suites at The Villa Renaissance are perfect for a caribbean family vacation. Consisting of two & three bedrooms, en-suite bathrooms, fully equipped kitchens, and beautiful panoramic views of Grace Bay, they make an ideal location to spend time together. Play board games, swim, snorkel, have dinner nights out and pajama parties in. Villa Renaissance Concierge service can help plan perfect family reunion vacations before you arrive, just let us know what you want!
There are plenty of activities for families around Grace Bay and Providenciales, but here are a few that we suggest to make your Caribbean family vacation a success.
FISH FOR YOUR DISH:
You and your family take a boat out, catch your very own fish, and the Captain will fillet and cook it on the beach. This trip lasts about 4 hours and depending on the time of year will cost from about $800 per ˝ day.
THE OCEAN IS CALLING:
What about an awesome wake boarding or ski-camp for your teen? We have great contacts with local companies offering ocean-based camps for kids and teens and wake-board and water-ski clinics. 5 day wake/ski packages start from $430.
CHEF FOR A NIGHT:
Let us organize a private chef in your suite to cook the meal of your choice! Depending on choice of meal, prices start from $125 per person
EXPLORE MIDDLE CAICOS:
Visit the biggest island, but one of the least developed in the Turks and Caicos islands. We would suggest a ferry to North, which is about 25 minutes away. A taxi/minivan will then provide a tour of the main sites of North and Middle, such as stunning Mujan Harbour, the bat caves and the co-op farms. Concierge will arrange a picnic, drinks and water for your day out. Prices for this trip including the ferry will be from approximately $200 per person.
WELCOME ARRIVAL GROCERY BASKET:
Concierge will arrange to have groceries waiting for you on arrival (Available for parties of 6 or more, minimum $250 expenditure plus 20% delivery charge)
THE BEACH ESCAPE FAMILY PORTRAIT:
Take advantage of the preferential rates that we have with Brilliant! This is a great way to see a little more of the island. Start with a few photos at the resort, and then hop into a minibus to a secluded quiet beach, and get some great photo memories. This is lots of fun and light years away from a formal, studio based photo shoot. This trip lasts about two hours, and costs begin at $500.
Contact concierge today they will take the stress out of planning your Caribbean family vacation and put together a costing and a plan for you.
Call Toll Free US & Canada 1 877 208 5012
Tips for a Successful Family Vacation
TCI 101 TIPS
1. Choose a vacation that is suitable for everyone from toddlers to grandparents.
2. Imagination is key. Some grandparents want to create a once in a lifetime opportunity for their grandchildren.
3. Extended Family vacation ideas are not difficult to come up with. Make sure you plan your holiday so that everyone can be occupied. Is it beach, exploring a private island, a yoga retreat, or water sports that you are looking for?
4. Remember Grandparents are more mobile and energetic than ever before. Make sure that you plan to keep them happy as well. Most will not be content to sit in a lounger and read.
5. Work out the Budget: Who is paying for the vacation? Is it a treat or is everyone pitching in?
6. Make one person responsible for each separate job. “a” organizes accommodation, “b” organizes activities and “c” organizes dining.
7. Choose your correct accommodations. Vacation condo and house rentals are far less costly than booking multiple rooms in a hotel. There is also the added benefit of a sense of togetherness, simple things like washers and dryers, games around the dining table and even pajama parties.
8. An apartment vacation rental is perfect for extended family vacations. Families can take advantage of the kitchen to make a lunchtime snack, saving funds to splurge at dinner.
9. Remember, you cannot please everyone all of the time, but for everyone to have a real interest in the trip let everyone in the family help choose the vacation and the activities. Send out a questionnaire to members, including the children, asking them what they want to do and collate the information.
10. Remember to schedule activities around family members’ normal routine. Does Grandpa have a nap in the afternoon and want to be in bed by 9.00pm? Does Tiny Tot rise at 5.00am and will your teenager stay in bed until lunchtime?
11. The Caribbean is perfect for this type of travel. Grandparents and small grandchildren can play in the pool, older grandchildren can learn to scuba, go snorkeling , play tennis or laze on the beach with an iPod and parents can well, just chill!
Multigenerational Travel Information
Multi-generational and extended family travel has recently become one of the fastest growing areas of the travel industry. And it’s not just mom, dad and the kids going away, Grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins are going too!
Every destination in the world from Africa to Antarctica, and from China to the Caribbean has seen an upsurge in this market and families more than ever are viewing vacations as reunion opportunities.
Ease of travel has brought many benefits, but it has also increased fragmentation in family lives. Children move away to work, grandparents retire to warmer climes and families live further apart than ever before. Scheduling is a nightmare since mums are working, fathers can’t get away from their laptop and divorced parents are juggling visiting rights, so it only makes sense that not only are family vacations becoming increasingly popular but is also now seen as a time which is not just fun, but enriching for all the family.
According to YPV&R’s National Leisure Travel Monitor, 70 percent of Americans in 2006 said they are more introspective since 9/11; 71 percent said they wish they had more time to spend with family, and 69 percent said they wish they had more time to talk with their kids. Moreover, 48 percent of kids said their “most awesome vacation” was when they did things with their parents that they don't normally do, such as “sharing a meal.”
It’s not hard to understand why this trend is growing. In these days of uncertainty people want to spend more time with their families and an extended family vacation fits the bill. And by extended family, we mean the whole family.
In all of the demographic groups, no one reads more, or watches TV more or listens to the radio more or is becoming more online savvy than grandparents. This group is growing at a substantial rate. As life expectancy rises, more and more people are becoming Grandparents and living to see their grandchildren grow up. By the year 2024 1 in every 4 Americans will be a grandparent!!!
Today’s seniors are living longer, healthier and more mobile lives than ever before. This market is over 90 million and they all have an average of four grandchildren each!! Grandparents also have the purchasing power!
To celebrate a 70th birthday or a 50th wedding anniversary, Grandparents believe that an extended family vacation is a small price to pay to spend quality time with their loved-ones, rather than for only a few hours at Thanksgiving, Christmas, weddings or funerals. Grandparents are happy and eager to make up for the lost times and the long distances to get to spend time with their children and grandchildren.
Children on the other hand are often delighted to accept an offer of a vacation, because not only are they strapped for money, but short on planning-time and what better way to spend a vacation than with “in-built babysitters”. Grandparents get “guilt-free” time to lavish their attention on their grandchildren and parents on the other hand get guilt-free kid-free time alone.
Family vacations give grandchildren and Grandparents a chance to bond. There isn’t a child that doesn’t want to know what it was like when the Beatles were about, or did they see Elvis, or what was rationing like during the war? This type of vacation is a wonderful opportunity for Grandparents to pass on their positive values, knowledge, love and their hope for the future.
Toll free US & Canada:
877 208 5012
Or Direct on:
1 649 941 5300
or Click for more information..
What did you think?
[Your Internet Browser does not support iframes We apologize for the inconvenience]
Tweets by @VillRenaissance
2012 Holiday Season
Website Design by Storm New Media